Sunday, November 16, 2008

Vision Magazine!

This page is the Cover of the November 2008 issue of Vision Magazine china, and Danny Roberts Cover of the Vision Art Section.
This page is Danny Roberts Cover of the Vision Art Section in the November 2008 issue of Vision Magazine china
This picture is a photo of the first and second page of Danny Roberts Interview with Vision Magazine china, out of there November 2008 issue
This is the third and forth page of the Danny Roberts Interview with Vision Magazine china, out of there November 2008 issue


Howdy there, my friends.
Sorry for the few days sabbatical;
been working a lot on a project.
Can't really talk about it due to my contact,
but it should be really cool,
and i should be able to share it with you soon!

Yesterday, my copy of the lastest Vision Magazine arrived.
I'm super excited; it's a really great publication out of China.
They did a feature on my work, and had me draw the header/cover page of the Art section.
i hope your like it.
Please check them out.

Also, did an Interview with the lovely Marie Déhé of Dirty Glam Magazine for her blog Carnet de mode.
Please check her blog out!

The Vision Interview is below:

1. Please describe your painting style to us, like a good friend of yours would describe it.
Danny's dream world.

2. What`s your painting process? And what tools do you use?(like painter, photoshop..)
For the most part, I draw everything on different kinds of papers, and use pen, ink, and water colors, alot of mixed media. Then, I will scan the drawing and use Photoshop for color correction and digital imaging. I actually have a video Documentary up at igorandandre.blogspot.com. If you click on videos, I show the full process that goes into a picture.

3. There are lots of awesome fashion illustrators, I thought you are one of them, and what makes you feel different from the others?
That's a good question. I would say out of current fashion illustrators, maybe one difference would be the details. When I was in school, I was taught that with Fashion Illustration "Less is More". What I loved to do is the opposite. I like to pour in to the details and put as many lines, ornate objects, or complex details as I can. It's a fun challenge.

4. Do you read design / architecture /fashion magazines? Can you give me some names?
Yes, whenever I have enough time or money. I love Dansk, Italian Vogue, Numéro. Those are some of my favorites.

5. Is there any fashion designer or illustrators you appreciate a lot?
Oh, yes, there are lot. My favorite designers' clothes to draw are Alexander Mcqueen and John Galliano, because of they have a whimsical and dream-like quality to their work. My favorite fashion photographers are Man Ray and Steven Meisel. The artists that I think have influenced me the most are Audrey Beardsley and Egon Schiele. There is something about their work that just inspires me to keep working more and more.

6. I guess you notice how women are dressing? Do you have any preferences?
Yes. :) I really like when women can pull a cute innocent look off. I like Baby Doll dresses. Also, I like real natural styling clothes that are light, simple, and free flowing.

7. What advice would you give to the young ?
I would say be true to yourself and enjoy every moment of learning. Also, let art inspire you. I think starting out, it can be hard to stay true to yourself, and it's easy to look at something you like and copy it. But I would say, the key to staying unique is to be yourself, because we all are made differently, which means if I stay true to myself, I will be unique.


8. What kind of music do you listen to when you painting?
Oh, I love to listen to music when I paint! I go through different fazes of what I listen to. For the most part, when I'm working I like to listen to Sarah Jaffe, Joseph Arthur, Sigur Ros, Bjork, Yann Tiersen, Radiohead, Ryan Adams, and the Cardigans. I like to find music that fits the mood of the whatever painting I'm doing. That definitely helps influence my work.


9. Before CG illustrating, what kind of paintings did you paint? And how did you get into this career?
Portraits have always been my favorite kind. I started going to school in Fashion Design, but after my first Fashion Illustration class, my teacher asked me if I ever thought of being a Fashion Illustrator. At that time, I really didn't know that there was a career as a Fashion Illustrator. From that point on, it's been the perfect thing for me.


My Ping in TotalPing.com