Sunday, February 21, 2010

Paying Respects Lee Alexander McQueen


A picture of Danny Roberts tribute painting of Lee Alexander McQueen in the McQueen Store in New York City
A picture close up picture of Danny Roberts tribute painting of Lee Alexander McQueen in the McQueen Store in New York City with a flow vase


Hey, friends, well I'm finally back home!
Oh boy, it was some trip.
Dave & I had such a good time.
I started sorting though over 20 gigs of files,
but I thought I would start with a post Paying Respects to Lee Alexander McQueen.
I had packed a print of this painting tribute to McQueen,
and the first day we were in New York,
my Brother and i went and got the print framed.
Then two mornings later David & I met up with Ryan & Alice,
and walked to the McQueen Store.
We arrived to a touching seen of roses, drawings, and letters laid across the store front window,
with people standing sobered in front of the store.
We stood silently there for a few minutes,
Alice had tears in her eyes.
I walked up and leaned the framed portrait at the base of the window.
Then we silently walked away.

Later the next day someone twitpic-ed me a picture of the store front,
and to my amazement the portrait got put in the window display of the store.
It was really the most humbling experience ever.
It really meant so much.
I was speechless, and still kinda am speechless.
But I thought I would share that story as my first post since New York Fashion Week.
I've missed you all so much,
I'm hoping to get all caught up this week and I want to get back to you all on your wonderful comments...
Just give me a little more time! :)


P.s. Thank you so much to Sketchbook Magazine for the interview & also to Kristen May Lee of the Fashion Spot for the Interview :)

Follow Igor + André
My Ping in TotalPing.com