Monday, May 3, 2010

LILAC LOVIN'

You always know it's the month of May when the the
LILAC bushes start to bloom!
My daughter and just I love the smell out in the garden
and look forward to the fresh cuttings that make fragrant bouquets
around the house.
I can almost picture the bouquets she would make
for me when she was little.
Do you remember getting or giving bunches of cut flowers
with aluminum
foil and wet paper towels wrapped around the stems?
Somehow, their fragrance always reminds me that
Mother's Day is coming!
I think that's because their smell reminds me of my being
at my grandmother's house
when I was a little girl.
My grandma had a special lilac soap in her bathroom.
The scent of lilacs takes me directly back to her bathroom

where I can still visualize the space as it if I were

standing there today.
I can recall some wonderful
childhood memories with just one whiff each May.
These blooms remind me of so many happy memories
as a child, a grandchild and a mother.
Even the color, Lilac or Lavender (whichever you choose to call it)
conjures up such a dreamy thoughts and feelings for me.
It was the color of my room growing up as a child
and it is the color of my daughter's room now.
Even my favorite childhood shoes were lavender
patent leather Mary Janes!

I think just about ANYTHING looks better
in this
soft and muted purple shade...



How gorgeous is this setting?
I want to have a seat right now and enjoy a meal on the porch
Go see Yvonne at her BLOG to see more of this lovely tablescape





















This could be my "grown up room" today!




What do you think, should I get them???



Climbing wisteria is so dreamy too!
Any lavender "MAY FLOWER" pretty much works for me!
Do you share a fondness for LILAC too?
IMAGES FROM: FLICKR, JOPPING.CO.UK, TUMBLER, COUNTRY LIVING, HOME DECOR, SARAH KLASSEN, THE GOOD LIFE, MARK BURSTYN PHOTOGRAPHY, RACHEL ASHWELL, MISS KRISS LIMECRIME MAKEUP
My Ping in TotalPing.com