Thursday, June 11, 2009

The Guest Writer Part 2

Sophie Ward film strip the pictures are taken by artist Danny Roberts


Dearest fans, watchers, readers, lovers, writers, painters and animal
friends,

Danny and I are back in collaboration and having a marvelous time in
his studio once again. We have rummaged through cupboards to find
Italian cafetiers to make extra strong coffee, of which one sip is
enough to send the synapses skyrocketing. We have made breakfasts,
second breakfasts and brunches. We have played hide & go seek with my
painting and checked on a hummingbird's nest – all the while listening
to the background of birds chirping in the lawnmower filled air of a
sunny Californian June.

Meanwhile, I am on Twitter thanks to Danny; I am obsessed with Dorothy
Parker thanks to a second hand bookstore in Sydney; and I have
excruciatingly demented jetlag thanks to long air journeys and the
aforementioned strong coffee. My boyfriend Jon has printed out the
directions to get to Texas, we're all drinking lots of water and
debating whether peanut butter, lentil hummus and salsa is really a
good combination (hey, it's nice, okay!)

Here's to the Roberts family, who have welcomed me once again with the
most unforgivingly open, generous and unfalteringly warm arms, that I
am once again indebted to their hospitality. They are for certain a
blessing, an "American Family" who thrill to the sight of me cooking
asparagus, making crackers, and expounding the benefits of going
gluten-free. I just love being here, the perfection is almost too good
to be true, and I always miss them as soon as I'm gone.

Farewell! By the time you read this I will probably have dust in my
hair and the sun in my eyes..... Road map fluttering in the heat of
the open window. I'll be thinking of you all.

Safe journeys to everyone! I must go pack! White Rabbits are calling
me to New York!!

-- Sophie

Go read Guest writing Post 1

Follow Igor + André


Bookmark and Share
My Ping in TotalPing.com