Thursday, February 11, 2010

Alexander McQueen Tribute



Artist Danny Roberts Painted Tribute of the Great and innovative Fashion Designer Alexander McQueen who was born 7 March 1969  and died 11 February 2010


Well, my friends, today is one of the saddest days in Fashion.
It was like getting a punch in the stomach when i rolled out of bed this morning,
and read that Alexander McQueen was dead.
It still hasn't fully sunk in.
i think i'm hoping against hope that it was a false report,
but deep down, i know it's not...

He was by far my favorite designer and one of my biggest sources for inspiration.
I don't think there was a collection that he has done that my mind wasn't completely blown...
I did a tribute painting of him.
I just wanted to express my appreciation to a true genius,
and pay honor to him with this piece.
R.I.P Alexander McQueen.







Follow Igor + André
My Ping in TotalPing.com